The Kingdom of Kalladen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Kalladen

The place to find all things pertaining to Kalladen, the Waco chapter of the High Fantasy Society

HomeHome  CR ForumsCR Forums  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

War of the Winds

Go down 
+2
darc_knite0115
Sleet Gil-shalos
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet
Character Name: Sleet Gil-shalos
Class (1): Healer/Wizard

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: War of the Winds   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 9:25 pm

War of the Winds, Part II

To All Citizens of the Combined Realms,

As many of you know, the Free Kingdom of Drakenfjord issued a
declaration of war against the Kingdom of Barad Duin in response to
the occupation of Drakenfjord's western frontier and numerous acts of
savagery against Fjordsmen in that region. Since that time, several
facts have come to light.

Earlier this week, the 1st Humbershire Light Dragoons located and
attacked a camp believed to be the main bandit headquarters. The
bandits withdrew with light losses but most of the camp was captured
intact. The Dragoons also captured several prisoners who were
persuaded to give information in exchange for leniency. Documents
recovered at the site confirm their reports.

It is now evident that the brutalities inflicted on our lands were not
caused by a neighbor with dreams of empire, but by a Kalladani
merchant cartel seeking to create a demand for their goods by
fermenting a war and then selling to both sides. Caravans would leave
Kalladen traveling under the flags of neutrality and claiming to be
shipping needed food and medicines to the embattled Fjordsmen, but
would also be secretly carrying weapons and other war gear. These
caravans would meet with the bandits and trade these supplies for the
looted treasures of the western frontier, then travel west to Barad
Duin where the plunder would be used for legal commerce at very
lucrative prices. This entire profiteering scheme was done under the
cover of an intricate and carefully maintained confundus spell that
muddled the wits of its victims and sabotaged all previous
investigation efforts.

One of the prisoners, a Kalladani teamster, also confirmed that this
arrangement had been made and maintained in part by Aeris Stormcrow
Darkflare while King, and that he still holds a monopoly on all trade
between Barad Duin and the cartel.

It is the decision of the Crown of Drakenfjord that the leaders and
people of Barad Duin have been innocent victims in this debacle,
manipulated for crass and petty greed by the merchants of Kalladen,
and thus the war between our realms should cease immediately. It is
also demanded that the Crown of Kalladen take into custody these
renegade merchants and turn them over for immediate trial. Until
further notice, all caravans traveling under Kalladani colors will be
detained and their cargoes held for inspection. All properties of the
cartel are hereby seized and will be auctioned off, with the proceeds
going to assist the many widows and orphans this vile plot has
created.

-- Sir Cedric Einarsson
-- Prince of Drakenfjord

Back to top Go down
https://kalladen.rpg-board.net
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet
Character Name: Sleet Gil-shalos
Class (1): Healer/Wizard

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: King Cirrus' Declaration   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:37 am

Cirrus was sitting in the study of Castle Kallabakh, poring over the daily reports of the kingdom, when a man hurriedly enters the study. He comes to a halt in front of the king’s desk and waits rather impatiently to be recognized. Exhaling deeply, Cirrus says “Yes?” finally looking up. “State your business”.

The man presents a scroll addressed to “His Majesty, King Cirrus de Vorschak”, with the royal seal of Drakenfjord clearly stamped in wax. “What’s this?” Cirrus asks in exasperation, frowning as the messenger lays the document before him on the desk. He dismisses the man with a wave of his hand. Glancing at the wards around the room, he knows there is no magic afoot. Breaking the seal, he unrolls the scroll and begins to read.

“To all citizens of the Combined Realms….not Barad-Duin….Kalladani merchant cartel…”

Throwing the scroll to the floor, a look of fury on his face, Cirrus roars, “DEMANDS? DEMANDS!!! Making DEMANDS of Kalladen?!?” Quickly picking up a pen and parchment, he begins to write.

To the current monarchy of Drakenfjord and it’s populace: I believe free trade is not against any laws that I know of in the combined realms. Should there be such a law, it should have been spoken out loud for all to hear. You speak of several prisoners, one a supposed Kalladani teamster, who were “persuaded” to give information in exchange for leniency. You rely on information that is given under torture?!? Foolish and dangerous on your part. And documents…anyone can forge a document and if this document is taken as evidence, again, very foolish and dangerous!

With that being said, until I have proof there will be no so called renegade merchants taken into custody and turned over to anyone! Any government holding, detaining, and/or questioning anyone associated with the kingdom of Kalladen shall be seen as committing an act of aggression against my kingdom! This will not be tolerated! If any caravans, property, ships etc. under the Kalladen colors are seized OR held OR detained, we shall look upon this as an act of war. These are considered sovereign grounds and thus the property of the kingdom. ALL who oppose this decree shall be dealt with, with EXTREME PREJUDICE!!!

Respect is earned, Not Demanded, for those of you who don’t know the difference! Fear The Spear!

His Majesty,
Sir Grand Duke Cirrus De Vorschak
of The Great Kingdom of Kalladen
Knight Of Service
Captain of The Fallen”

Stamping the document with the seal of Kalladen, Cirrus stands up and shouts “Runner!” Within seconds a runner enters the room and stands before the king. Handing him the scroll, Cirrus says “Deliver this at once to the envoy from Drakenfjord.” The runner quickly grabs the scroll and takes his leave. Still fuming, Cirrus walks to the window, and suddenly the guards hear a high piercing whistle. Within minutes, three large wolf-like shapes with red glowing eyes shimmer into view before the king.
Back to top Go down
https://kalladen.rpg-board.net
darc_knite0115

darc_knite0115

Character sheet
Character Name: Kyrryn Stonewall
Class (1): Archer/Scout/Infernal Champion/Warrior

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Military Report: Kalladen/Drakenfjord   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Military Report.............Reference Drakenfjord
To: Sir Cirrus De Vorshack, King of Kalladen, Capt. of Fallen
From: Sir Kyrryn Stonewall, Knight of Kalladen, Enforcer of Fallen

Report goes as follows........

Fallen Shock Troops located the 1st Humbershire Light Dragoons in Northern Woods

Engagement was made under dark of night and all Dragoons were pacified with Extreme Prejudice.............Spine and Skulls of Dragoon Leaders were kept as personal trophies

All remaining Dragoon bodies were impaled.....both dead and alive were placed on the road leading to Drakenfjord.

Prisoners that were capture by Dragoons were pacified as well......Teamsters tongue and hands were removed to prevent any further "information leaks"

Sir Slaughter has continue sacking supply lines and alternate trade routes have been made so business will not loose profit.........Slaughter has located at least two Drakenfjord scouting parties attempting to stop Kalladani Caravans and has dealt with them in his normal manner.

Sir Og McDonald will be traveling with me to remove a renegade creature from the woods near the Black Abbey as soon as I complete the current task you have given me.

More Reports to come..........End of Report

Grand Archduke Sir Kyrryn Stonewall
Dark Knight of Kalladen
General of the King's Army
Enforcer of the Fallen

"Do not demand what you cannot take by Force."

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dame Katrin

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of the Winds   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:23 am

Katrin sighed as she pulled a new parchment from the pile. Prince Cedric was getting too good at creating these diplomatically delicate situations and leaving it to her to clean up the mess. So good in fact that even the Ragan no longer dealt with him. How do I repair a situation that even the God of Fools won't attempt? She wondered.

Looking back at the letter she had received earlier this day she reads "To the current monarchy of Drakenfjord and it’s populace… …given under torture?!? … Fear The Spear!"

Picking up her quill she writes:

Unto King Cirrus de Vorschak and the populace of Kalladen,

Free trade is not against the laws of the combined realms, nor did we act in an uncivilized manner. Drakenfjord has closed its boarders and that announcement was made LOUDLY and clearly over a month and a half ago. At this time all merchants wishing to cross the boarders of the Kingdom of Drakenfjord will be searched before crossing said boarders. The merchant who was detained was within our boarders and as such is subject to our laws. Had he been on a diplomatic mission he would have been protected by diplomatic immunities; however, such was not the case. If we were to have a merchant found roaming freely in an encampment of brigands who were attempting to subjugate a portion of your populace, you would have interrogated him as well. At no point did we state that torture was involved, only persuasion. Have you never used magical enhancement to ensure you obtained the truth in an interrogation?

As to forged documents why would a merchant be caring such incriminating documents at the time of his capture? It is a fairly simple matter to tell the difference between a merchants carts and an encampment of bandits. There was weaponry and other war gear in the cart. That fact is indisputable. This was a merchant who had claimed to carry only needed food and medicines for the embattled Fjordsmen when he entered out realm. We trusted his good word and the reputation of the MacDonald cartel, much to our regret. This is why ALL merchants wishing to cross the boarders of the Kingdom of Drakenfjord will now be searched before crossing said boarders.

Indeed ' Respect is earned, Not Demanded' so are trust and distrust. Thus a wise monarch would see why Drakenfjord has been provided with just cause to distrust the Kalladani through the actions of his subject and his own words. Your threats will NOT prevent us from carrying out our laws within our sovereign territory. You have forgotten our kingdom motto, 'Fjordsmen don't kneel.'

Katrin Kött Karlsdöttir
Queen of the Free Kingdom of Drakenfjord
Knight Commander of the Order of the Crimson Stag
Captain of the Wounded Warmongers
Secundus of House Pharus
GuildMaster of Mages
Proud Fjordsman"

Sealing the document with the Arms of Drakenfjord, Katrin calls "Flame." And the dragon hatchling leaps atop the desk chittering with excitement. She feeds the dragonet a bit of meat kept in a lidded bowl for just this purpose and then fastens the specially designed ties the scroll case to the copper scales of the beast. "Carry this to Cirrus of Kalladen. I shall let your mother know to whence you fly, little one."
Back to top Go down
darc_knite0115

darc_knite0115

Character sheet

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Military Report.........Og McDonald/Return to Duty   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:02 pm

Military Report...........Reference McDonald/Return to duty
To: Sir Cirrus De Vorshack, King of Kalladen, Captain of the Fallen
From: Sir Kyrryn Stonewall, Dark Knight of Kalladen, Enforcer of the Fallen

Arrived at Blackwoods and quelled the devil dogs..........

Upon returning to meet back with Sir Slaughter, Sir Og McDonald was "injured"

Returned Og to my tavern (the Black Bear) to heal/rest.....I will privately report to you on the incident.......

Left Kalladen proper this morning, alone, to meet with troops............

Before reaching the road to Drakenfjord was stopped by Prince Cedric's patrol..........Total # of guard: 6

I did not present myself to guard.....engagement ensued......Sgt. leading had soul removed before weapons were fully drawn.....three guards ran upon seeing this......the two remainin were pacified with extreme prejudice.......

UPDATE: The three guards were located and shot down by arrows.......did not make it to report incident.........

More Reprts to come.......End of Report

Dark Knight of Kalladen
Enforcer of the Fallen
Back to top Go down
Cirrus de Vorschak

Cirrus de Vorschak

Title(s) : Grand Duke

Character sheet
Character Name: Cirrus de Vorschak
Class (1): Assassin

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of the Winds   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 12:50 am

Cirrus reads the scroll that awaits him on his desk. He laughs as he takes out a piece of parchment and begins to write.

To Queen Katrin Kött Karlsdöttir and the populace of Drakenfjord,

I am glad that Fjordsmen do not kneel for Kalladenians do not give quarter. As I stated before if any one of the populace of Kalladen are detained or questioned would be considered as an extreme act of aggression. Since this warning was ignored my two generals responded with immediate action in ways of engaging in dispatching of said military and inspection convoys. This is a standing order by decree of myself, as the King of Kalladen. As of this day, we are in a state of disagreement of said events and will continue to remain so until all of my people are sent back to their families and all merchandise returned to said merchants. As for Sir Kyrryn Stonewall, he was acting within the parameter of the orders that he has received from me personally and the same for Sir Slaughter and they will continue to preform their duties until all requests are met.

Grand Duke Sir Cirrus De Vorschak
King of Kalladen
Captain of The Fallen
Knight of Service
Commander of the Royal Armies

“Do not demand what you can not take by force.”

Cirrus finishes and lets out a piercing whistle. A warg appears in front of him. “Take this to the gates of Drakenfjord and announce that it is for the Queen.” The warg bows lowly and shimmers from sight.
Back to top Go down
darc_knite0115

darc_knite0115

Character sheet

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Military Report.........Reference: 2nd Kalladen/Drakenfjord Engagement   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 4:09 am

Military Report.......Reference 2nd Engagement
To: Sir Cirrus De Vorshack, King of Kalladen, Captain of the Fallen

Have one more day till I meet up with Sir Slaughter............
While camped near Raider's Pass "Trophies" I collected were reanimated......Drakenfjord I assume will send a force after myself and Slaughter.....

Broke camp this morning....just passing the abandoned shire of Rockrain.....when meet by Drakenfjord Platoon in a ambush.....Engagement was made....Fjordmen fired volley of arrows on site.......Light Casualties

Troops were ordered to treeline to return volley into city.......Second set of troops flanked to other side of city

Once in place.......Shock Troops secured the two entrances to the city and set parimeter on fire...........

Arrows were also lit and shot into the city........town became englufed.......remaining Fjordmen troops left in the city were engaged in open melee....all were pacified with extreme prejudice....bodies were burned to prevent reanimations/soul were severed as well

More Reports to come.....End of Report

Dark Knight of Kalladen
General of the Kings Army
Enforcer of the Fallen

"Do not demand what you cannot take by Force."
Back to top Go down
darc_knite0115

darc_knite0115

Character sheet

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Military Report:............Reference: Mercenary Squad   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Military Report...........Reference: Mercenary Squad
To: Sir Cirrus De Vorshak, King of Kalladen, Captain of the Fallen

After Rockrain engagement I went on scouting assisgnment of the area.......

Located three missing scouts from 2nd Kalladoian Recon Brigade.......Were hanged and aviserated........Renaimation was attempted......souls had been severed.......

As I returned back to encampment was ambushed by Drow Mercenaries....total # 5......Two were pacified quickly......Third was a Wizard and hand was severed to stop encantation......the remaining two were able to subdue me.......

Drow Leader informed me I was to be taken to Drakenjord as a prisoner of war..........

Drow were shocked to find I had the ability of flight as I left there presence.......Shot with at least two arrows....still made escape

Returned to camp and informed my 2nd to take troops to Sir Slaughter.......

Will go to Black Abbey to regenerate and will then go on my own to continue with your orders......

Dark Knight of Kalladen
Enforcer of the Fallen

"Do not demand what you can not take by Force."
Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
darc_knite0115

darc_knite0115

Character sheet

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Military Report........Refernce: Recon   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:06 pm

Military Report.........Reference: Recon
To: Sir Cirrus De Vorshak, King of Kalladen. Captain of the Fallen

Have recovered from ambush.....Im at full strengh/powers to continue with orders

Left Black Abbey and have made into the borders of Drakenfjord........Cloaked in (Classified) attire

Merchants are slowly leaving the shores without merchandise..........Some mercenaries we sent are hanged in the town square as a warning........

I located the Drow Wizard in a alchemy store........followed till he turned into a dark alley.......I engage him and pacified him.....He was unable to cast do to previous encounter....had bought components to heal hand at store........
Walked out of the city gates with returning Kalladani Merchants undetected...........

Returned to our shores just after seeing large Fjordman longship dock with Troops.........walked through without incident.........

Have located Sir Slaughter and the rest of the Troops.......Will continue assaults

Dark Knight of Kalladen
Enforcer of the Fallen

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
darc_knite0115

darc_knite0115

Character sheet

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Military Report..........Reference: New King/Raising the Navy   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Military Report.............Reference Raising the Navy
To: Sir Og McDonald, King of Kalladen, Sgt-at-Arms of the Fallen

Received new orders.........As did Sir Slaughter......

Ive returned alone and have left my troops with Sir Slaughter to assist in the sacking of Drakenfjord's cities/towns as you have so ordered..........

My Warship, The Leviathan, is fully armed and has began to patrol the waters around Kalladen and the channel between us and Drakenfjord..........The "Ghost ship" is running silent..........

I have also raised the sunken pirate/raiding ships in Kalladen's coves.........
They were sank by the Leviathan per orders of the former King against another former and lesser King...........

All ships are fully armed and manned by the souls I bound to them at the times of there sinkings.....All are loyal to me and the King of Kalladen.......

Those ship are docked in the cove and await further orders........At least six ship have began a course to the Drankenfjord channel as well...........

More reports to come.....End of Report

Dark Knight of Kalladen
Admiral of the King's Navy
Enforcer of the Fallen

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jay

Jay

Character sheet
Character Name: Jay Ulrath
Class (1): Assassin

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Intelligence Report RE: Operation IJ   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:54 pm

To: Sir Cirrus De Vorshak, King of Kalladen.

Infiltrated Drakenfjord as per orders. Proceeded to ferment unrest. People have begun to complain about the exorbitant prices of barley and wheat. Farmers are appearing dead along with their farms slashed, decreasing crop output by 35%. The workers of the mines (dwarves mainly) as well as the artisans (elves) have begun to riot, caused by a general mistrust of each other. Sleck has done well in finding someone to talk for him, further sowing seeds of confusion.

It seems Sir Kyrryn's aggression to the north has begun to have some effects on the populace. Hope has gone down from a stable 88.5% to a dismal 49.7%. The people don't know who to trust, who can be allowed in the borders, nor whether the impending war is something that will affect their shallow lives. With less trust in the queen, the pickings will become far easier for Kyrryn to proceed with his plans.

Actions have been taken to secure identities. I constantly change disguises so no one knows who I am within the city walls. However, I have begun to research a fair amount into the customs and tradition of the Fjordsmen. Their allowance into the city has also built an incredible network of spies to usurp for our purposes. They come in handy for certain purposes but for all intents, they believe me to be a restless rebel that had my tongue cut out for trying to feed my family. Or perhaps I am a lowly healer that cures poisons. Or a squire running errands with little in the way of a tongue. Regardless, I have since found the names of quite a few places of interest:

Stone Coast Bond and Insurance Company - Oddly, almost 79.8% of the Fjordsmen have life insurance through this one company. With the documents seized by Sleck, it hasn't been hard to ferment unrest against Drakenfjord's own merchants for such a lucrative scheme. Basically if a Fjordsman dies, only 50% of his earnings are given to any relatives. The other 50% are given to the thieves, the merchants, and the royal family. 'Tis a fairly lucrative scheme that might have potential. Regardless, there have been a few hits on the main building uncovering the scheme (and covering up Sleck's part in the theft.)

Note: I am beginning talks with some of the alchemists with an ear close to the Mage Towers. It seems that they have quite a lot of firepower prepared for the north as well as spells. Nothing else can be uncovered at this moment.

Final Note: Through record files, I have uncovered a few businesses that prepare meat for the guards. Should the guards be unable to fight at their best, it may have been the tainted meat that unsettles their stomachs.

More reports shall be ordained at a later time.

“Do not demand what you can not take by force.”
Back to top Go down
Nesta

Nesta

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: A message arrives...   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:33 am

"Message for you, Sir! Er....my lady! Duchess! Ma'am! Your majesty!" said the nervous messenger.

Dame Duchess Nesta, newly installed on the throne after quieting the unrest in Drandmir, sighed as the servant trembled in front of her, awaiting orders. He was obviously still frightened of the last person who sat in her place. "Well? Where is it? What is it? Just....give it to me." With a wave of her hand, the man vanished, shaking legs and all. She opened the scroll left her, and started reading.

"Well, well, well. So Kalladen and Drakenfjord are having a few...disagreements...between them. That's...lovely. And there is turmoil to the south as well as the north. Evil is afoot. I can....smell it. Sense it, even. It is..." She continued reading, then suddenly rolled the scroll back up. She sat up straighter on the throne, and stared into space, perhaps seeing things some only dream about. Perhaps....even Kalladen. Who knows?

"I suppose I must....do something. After all, they do ask. Nicely, for once. Politeness is a rarity. Yes...I think I can manage some aid." Dame Nesta stood and called for Sir Garrick, her right hand man and another of her brothers at arms, telepathically. "Garrick! I need you! Can you spare me a few minutes?" she asked. A faint whisper reached her with the answer: "Yes. Be there shortly."

Nesta stood and then paced the length of the room several times. "If I send help and send word beforehand, it will send a message. A good message. I like it. I think it may work. At least...it can't make things much worse regardless if it fails. Yes....I think we can manage this. If nothing else, I can manage it, with my own goods and people. So be it," she thought. A smile overtook her pretty face, and the diamonds on her hands sparkled, as if in agreement.

"Ah...brother. So kind of you to stop by," the knight said to Sir Garrick, who had just arrived. "I have just received word that Drakenfjord and Kalladen are having a little....spat. I think we should send some help to our newer neighbors, as a sign of goodwill. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Nesta

Nesta

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: a message arrives...part 2   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:36 am

I just lost a lovely post to a login page, so this won't be as awesome, sadly. But it will be longer!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sir Garrick scowled at Dame Nesta. "I...think that it is none of our business. You know I hate meddling in the affairs of others, especially other kingdoms."

Nesta replied with a smirk, "Normally, so do I, but this was such a nice message....It was bordered with flowers and everything!" She paused. "No, I thought that we could establish some goodwill if we helped out our newer neighbors; after all, politics are 1/3 knowing people and 2/3 knowing about those same people and how to deal with them. What better way to do both than providing humanitarian aid?"

Garrick scowled again. "We do not have the funds in our coffers, and you know it, woman. I'm not going to waste our precious resources on some other kingdom, especially when we need them here - you know what damage faerie dust does to people and property?!"

Nesta thought for a second or two more, planning out her mode of attack while staring out the windows of the keep. "Yes, and faerie dust makes me sneeze. You have a point. Very well. Use our meager treasury to try to get rid of the abominable dust, and try to rebuild a few of the buildings in the city until we can...appropriate...some funds from somewhere else. I'll just use my own people and supplies to send help. I may even have some for our own uses here. Yes, I think I do." She turned to Garrick again, then moved closer and whispered in his ear with a smile. "I have other motives for sending this help. Do you wish to know them, brother?"

"No!" He yelled. "Any other motives you have might be...bad. You know I don't like it when you go and plot and plan and think. Don't tell me! I don't want to know..."

"Very well then," Nesta purred with a grin. "You will remain ignorant. But...if you grow curious, contact one of our other bros and they will fill you in. I may find it necessary to travel to the scene of the discord myself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A train of wagons and people clothed in Nesta's colors moved slowly but surely towards Drakenfjord. The knight watched their progress in a vision splashed across the walls of her rooms in Drandmir's keep. One of the many unexpected side effects of all the nasty faerie dust left around the castle, but it had proved useful.

"Excellent. Everything is going as planned," Nesta thought with a smile as she slouched in her favorite chair. She waved her hand over the vision, and its contents changed to some familiar and well-loved (to her, anyway) faces. Her thoughts moved over the long distance like lightning as she smiled.

"Hey bros! Guess what I have done...?"
Back to top Go down
Dame Katrin

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of the Winds   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 9:44 am

The guardsmen were weary as they looked at the slowly dwindling line of people who waited to cross the boarder check point. The war was taking it's toll on morale. At least the Queen has reinstated the free resurrections for all in service to the kingdom, Gunter thought as he waved the merchant from Four Winds through.

"Is that the Drandmirian Flag?" Gunter asked the clerk assigned to the gate. "What the hell is an official contingent doing in the merchant line up?" He sighed as he hit the bell to summon the ambassadorial guard from within the barracks. "Her Majesty will not be pleased if we insult potential allies by treating their envoys as peasants!"

The ambassadorial guardsmen came rushing to the gate in an impressive display of speed and weaponry. "You rang for us?"

"Drandmirian contingent just there," Gunter explained pointing to the well appointed wagons. "Go make nice for the Queen."

"Right. Are they...shining? Wow. OK boys, smiles and weapons both at the ready... Here we go." The guardsman instructed as they mounted up and headed out to meet the envoys. "Queen Katrin has instructed that all emissaries of the Combined Realms, excepting Kalladen, are to be treated with respect and courtesy. We will use the Song of Truth to verify that they are not here to cause any Fjorsmen harm and then escort them directly to Her Majesty."

"And if they aren't passin' the spell-test?" one of the more heavily armored guardsmen asked, his expression filled with suspicion.

"We ask them to leave. If that doesn't work, well, that's why we have swords. Smiles on, we're almost in hearing range. Start singing boys!"

One lone voice began a soft chant while the other cast a spell to detect spells that would interfere with the truth magics. Finding no interfering spells the second bard began the harmonious counterpart of the truth spell.

"Hail Drandmirians! And we hope well met, but given the nature of the times we are charged with a duty and must ask. 'Are you are here to cause any Fjorsmen harm?'" The lead guardsman called out in a clear voice while the bards kept singing softly.
Back to top Go down
Nesta

Nesta

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: foolish men   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:54 pm

The young man turned to his friend with a quizzical look. "Why does he think we're an official Drandmirian conv.....Oh." He saw the flag. "Why did you put that flag up when my lady told us not to?"

His friend looked sheepish. "Well, we are Drandmirian, aren't we?"

"Yes, but we come from my lady's own lands. Why else would we still be wearing her duchy uniforms?"

The second young man hung his head. "I'm sorry, sir. It won't happen again."

"You bet it won't. We're probably going to die here because of what you've done." The first young man said.

They turned to the guard; behind him the others were still chanting. "No, we are not here to bring harm to Drakenfjord. We come in peace! Let us in so we can rest and lighten our wagons."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dame Nesta watched from her faerie dust-strewn wall. "Idiots!" She covered her eyes with her hand. "I should have sent one of my assistants instead of mere soldiers." She kept watching as the wagons moved further inside the gates "Well, time will tell if they do something stupid enough to offend their hosts..."

Nesta moved her hand over the wall, showing Garrick hard at work in Drandmir's records offices. She then started whispering. "Garrick....do not be angry with me...my foolish men thought they would be patriotic and put up the Drandmirian flag on their wagons. The supplies were all from my keep, but they did manage to remember to bring several wagons full of that nasty sparkly dust."

Garrick heard her and sighed. "Hopefully your men won't do anything foolish, then. We might be forced to go to war because of stupidity, and if we can't even afford humanitarian aid, how would we afford another war?!"

Nesta replied, "I know, brother, which is why I sent my own men and my own surplus. I may be having to make a little trip soon after all......"
Back to top Go down
Dame Katrin

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of the Winds   War of the Winds Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 1:05 pm

The Drandmirian contingent seemed to argue amongst themselves for a moment as the Fjordsmen noticed the different coat of arms on their garb and carriage.

"Thank the gods." the rear guard muttered.

"If you will come with us we can take you directly onward and You'll not have to endure the merchant lines." the leader called out as the song of the bards faded out.

"We've mulled wine and food at the barracks hall if you are in need of rest. Do you also need a change of horses? Her majesty has issued orders to ensure all diplomatic envoys are well tended." The lead guard said as he reached for the water filled wineskin at his side. I've fresh water here as well."

The men moved aside to escort the contingent past the line of tradesmen. Their smiles much more honest now that they had been reassured by the truth spell.

"Her Magical Mightiness even has ways of gettin' you there super quick if you's wantin' to cut yer trip short." commented the burliest of the Fjordsmen in a gruff voice and then began sneezing.

"Would that glow be caused by Faerie Dust?" One of them ask after his fellow's sneezes died down. "Sure makes it hard to hide on the road I'd guess. No light duties for you men, eh?" he continued conversationally as they approached the gate.

"Open 'em up Gunter!" the leader bellowed,"They've been cleared."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

War of the Winds Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of the Winds   War of the Winds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War of the Winds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kingdom of Kalladen :: Online Roleplay :: War of the Winds-
Jump to: