The Kingdom of Kalladen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Kalladen

The place to find all things pertaining to Kalladen, the Waco chapter of the High Fantasy Society

HomeHome  CR ForumsCR Forums  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cat's Basic Roman Tunic.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZatharusCat

Cat's Basic Roman Tunic. Empty
PostSubject: Cat's Basic Roman Tunic.   Cat's Basic Roman Tunic. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:44 am

Since I suck, and can't figure out how to upload images much less link them, here goes with a basic text explanation that worked well enough for myself.

This is a pattern that I found on a few Roman legionairre sites, and it really is as comfortable as it gets; the only thing you need a belt for is to hold a pouch with this shirt, and the common Roman man used shirts like this, with a pair of sandals and considered himself dressed.
With modern day, however, I don't really recommend running around in just this tunic. Please, keep your giblets where they belong.

Measurements: Twice that of the wearer's shoulder or back of their neck to their knees, plus their handspan in addition.
Fabric should measure 60" across, unfolded, and be of a knit or stretching material.

How: Find the centerline of the shoulderline, and make a cross-shaped cut here, with the arms along the shoulderline. Should be easy, just make sure you have enough for their comfort and ability to fit their bonce through.

Cut away the sides going in about as far so you're at their thigh's width as the wearer stands with their feet about shoulderwidth apart. Taper as desired, going no more than half a handwidth close to their body--especially in Texas heat. Leave enough at the top to hide double their arm's thickness in the foldover area.
Sew this cut up on both sides, hem the neck up as desired, as well as the sleeves and bottom of the tunic.

By this point, you should have four pieces of fabric that were cut off, so you can probably make a cloth armor somethingoranother with them.

Enjoy your new multi-purpouse proof that pants are for women.
Back to top Go down

Cat's Basic Roman Tunic.
Page 1 of 1