The Kingdom of Kalladen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Kalladen

The place to find all things pertaining to Kalladen, the Waco chapter of the High Fantasy Society

HomeHome  CR ForumsCR Forums  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kingdom setting etc. ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wyldbow

Character sheet
Character Name: Halinoph Hakunahmattata
Class (1): Warrior

Kingdom setting etc. ? Empty
PostSubject: Kingdom setting etc. ?   Kingdom setting etc. ? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:47 pm

I realize RPing is limited and rare IRL but for those of us who would like to one day get a chance to do so, is there a place where Kalladen's basic setting-races- major cultures and such can be found? I've been reading the RP stories and while they are well written and hint at things, they can be confusing if you weren't there or just coming in. It would also help to know what is and is not allowed to be played etc.

I should also share that I don't RP online, nothing against it, it's just not my thing.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ivaar

Character sheet
Character Name: Sir Ivaar d'Besu
Class (1): Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom setting etc. ?   Kingdom setting etc. ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:56 am

The unfortunate truth (as far as I'm aware) is that we don't have a central repository of background information on Kalladen. Indeed, our history and makeup exists mostly in the memories of the populace.

The silver lining here is that you're pretty much free to be who and what you want, as long as it's representable in game terms and doesn't directly contradict preexisting backgrounds and story lines. (Although, as Paladine's presence in the Doppelgänger Wars story indicates, we're not averse to a paradox or two from time to time.). By way of example, my own persona was royalty in his homeland, but was relegated to commoner status for a while when he was catapulted to the Borderlands (the Amtgard group that eventually became Kalladen in HFS.)

I'm all for more frequent role-play--for instance, monthly in-character court sessions or quests. That's definitely one area where the lack of supporting rules and structure in the rulebook disincentivizes frequent role-playing. I plan to do my part by acting the role of Ivaar as often as possible.

(All of you who know Ivaar should treat this as something of a warning...)
Back to top Go down
wyldbow

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom setting etc. ?   Kingdom setting etc. ? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 10:23 pm

Heh, when I read "catapulted" all I could picture was some poor guy being launched from a catapult across the water and just landing in the bushes. Sorry.

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the information somewhere if it indeed existed.
Back to top Go down
wyldbow

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom setting etc. ?   Kingdom setting etc. ? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:44 pm

Soooo, after perusing the stories and all a bit more I'm getting some RP ideas (I'm really not a -do a character for the class abilities/power gamer etc. kind of guy so don't worry about that).

IRL I'm William, I did go to the Nov. 28th day. So I'm not just an online lookee loo. While I didn't actually participate that day I hope to become more involved as I prove myself.

But I'm not sure what (in the stories) has happened long ago and if anything new is going on story wise. I mean as in who won what war, why werewolves cheers seem to be a prominent "race" in Kalladen and other intriguing little aspects of this Kingdom.

So, anyone got some kliff-notes on the current state of Kalladen?
Why werewolves seem to be amassing an army or were amassing?
Any character a traveler might at least have heard whispers about?
Is there some kind of "death wolf" religion or cult or something in this area?

- anyone?

I know you're out there...I can hear you putting your palms on your faces and shaking your heads.clown

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom setting etc. ?   Kingdom setting etc. ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdom setting etc. ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Kingdom of Kalladen :: Discussions :: Newbie Discussions-
Jump to: