The Kingdom of Kalladen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Kalladen

The place to find all things pertaining to Kalladen, the Waco chapter of the High Fantasy Society

HomeHome  CR ForumsCR Forums  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

new spell or a new class

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Doniban Bane

Character sheet
Character Name: Doniban Bane
Class (1): Wizard

new spell or a new class Empty
PostSubject: new spell or a new class   new spell or a new class Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:54 am

a new spell called bolt exstension. see as there is no way to further a ball spell . I propose that we use a type of sling shot wich would be the spell its self costing the caster said points at say 4th level or so wich would enable the magic user to further launch or be more accurate with his ball spells increasing the usage of the ball spells and moving away from the more steacommon usage of just a verbal caster or mabye creating a class of caster centered around spell balls instead of verbals love to hear some feed back
Cool
Back to top Go down
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet
Character Name: Sleet Gil-shalos
Class (1): Healer/Wizard

PostSubject: Bolt Extension   new spell or a new class Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 4:07 pm

Do you have one of these sling shots available - one that you could bring out to the park for us to look at?
Back to top Go down
https://kalladen.rpg-board.net
Doniban Bane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: new spell or a new class   new spell or a new class Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 8:37 am

yes i will be picking one up on sat and i will bring it out sunday so we can give it a try and see .... how it will fly but i think it would be a fun addition to the caster or even a class ..... the BOLT CASTER!!!!!! bum bum BUM BUUUMM!!!
Back to top Go down
Doniban Bane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: new spell or a new class   new spell or a new class Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:30 am

class: SORCERER
weapons allowed: single dagger,single shortsword
sheild/armor:none
lives: 4
special: allowed to use a spell caster ( specialized sling shot), may only charge one bolt per spell, may carry up to 8 balls ber type

1st: entangle ball -50 count entangle x3 to charge, magic bolt- x3 to charge
2nd: ice ball -100 count frozen x4 cahrge, flame bolt x4 charge
3rd: lightning bolt x5 charge , one verbal from 1st level
4th: fireball x5charge, allowed one medium sword
5th: sphere of anniallation x5 charge
6th: all ball charge count x3

this is always open to comment but preferable to improve or balance this class design
Back to top Go down
ivaar

Character sheet
Character Name: Sir Ivaar d'Besu

PostSubject: Re: new spell or a new class   new spell or a new class Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:19 am

I'd like to start simple, by giving said slingshot a spell point penalty like any other weapon and allowing the existing spell casting classes to use it, rather than introducing a whole new class.
Back to top Go down
Doniban Bane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: new spell or a new class   new spell or a new class Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:38 pm

awww come on lets embrace change all your freinds are trying it out. sorcerer is the new thing to do man
Back to top Go down
ivaar

Character sheet
Character Name: Sir Ivaar d'Besu

PostSubject: Re: new spell or a new class   new spell or a new class Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm an old, old man. Peer pressure doesn't work on me.

Not unless it involves Shiner Bock, in any case...
Back to top Go down
Doniban Bane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: new spell or a new class   new spell or a new class Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:08 am

either way hopefully i will have the sling on sunday and we can test it out then we can look at balancing this sorcerer i just feel that we need to open the idea to more classes and a prestiage to help increase and maintain populace
Back to top Go down
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Sorcerer   new spell or a new class Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:12 pm

It looks like the Sorcerer mainly differs from the Wizard in that the Sorcerer is only allowed spellballs w/just one verbal at 3rd level. Also, the Sorcerer is more limited in weapon allowance. Is that correct?
And if that is correct, why would someone want to play Sorcerer instead of Wizard? Seems like the Sorcerer is greatly restricted when comparing the two.
Back to top Go down
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Sling shot spell ball   new spell or a new class Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:09 pm

Quote :
I propose that we use a type of sling shot which would be the spell itself costing the caster said points at say 4th level or so

I'm not clear on how this would work. At a certain level, say level 4, would the caster pay x number of spell points to gain use of the sling? Or, would they pay x number of points every time they use the sling to launch a ball?
Question
Back to top Go down
Doniban Bane

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: new spell or a new class   new spell or a new class Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:41 pm

well the points for the sling would be if you used it as a spell caster but if we do the sorcerer class it would be something they could use like a archer uses a bow but the reason for the weakness in the sorcerer calss is to put a unlimited caster class on the feild . basicly like the assasin and scout are back up archers the sorcerer would be a support caster. i feel this would not be as over whelming of a caster. now back to the slingshot (ss) basicly in the books or in movies or movie with magic when a fireball is released it dont go 10 mabye 20 feet and explode it comes screaming from the casters hands and flies like 35 + feet then explodes. ss would bring that to the ball spell adding a range and speed that keeps people from really using the ball spells now i tested the first sling and it was very effective it brought a longer range mabye a bit more accuracy but the power from the sling at 10 foot was less then a 1/4 draw bow
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new spell or a new class   new spell or a new class Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new spell or a new class
Page 1 of 1