The Kingdom of Kalladen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdom of Kalladen

The place to find all things pertaining to Kalladen, the Waco chapter of the High Fantasy Society

HomeHome  CR ForumsCR Forums  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet
Character Name: Sleet Gil-shalos
Class (1): Healer/Wizard

Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen Empty
PostSubject: Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen   Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:44 pm

Away to Kalladen

Somewhere amongst the darkened Oak trees in the Kingdom Of Calinorn, a woman cried softly, the sobbing itself barely carrying through the rising wind. She hated to leave the only true home that she had ever known. She hated to leave the castle and all of the servants, but it seemed there was not much more that could be done. Slaughter had never gone after the Kingdoms throne a second time, like a few thought he would. Then her husband, Sir Og, stepped down out of his place of regent.

So now we were leaving. We would head to the sea, head to a new land, the Kingdom of Kalladen. We would be leaving everything behind. Shavanni wondered briefly about returning to her roots from the steel cage that nobility had brought her family. Then decided that it would be the only way to shed all of the bad that had befallen them all. Og would return to himself again, or at least this is was she hoped. Her children would be free to explore themselves without bounds.

As she loaded up the last of their trunks, she knew that they would be welcomed in this new place. She took a lasting look at Calinorn as the last of the Kingdom land faded into the dusk of night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After what seemed like months of traveling the ship had finally docked at its home port. The Kingdom looked as it always did to Shivanni, just now she was seeing with new eyes it seemed. This was home. "So what do you think?" Og walked up beside her.

Shivanni stared quietly as the trunks were brought down from the ship. "I think it's too early to tell." She smiled at him as he laughed his deep resounding laugh. "It's a new place. You'll get use to it. For now we have business to attend to. We have to get to the city to have audience with the King. Make ourselves known." Og turned and carried the trunks away. It was nice to drop pretenses now, to be in a place where no one knew her past. They both had decided to leave everything behind, especially the noble life. He could get back to his craft and her to her heritage. It would be nice, she thought, but somewhere in the back of her mind she could help but wonder how long it would take until she burnt the village down, so to speak. Shivanni grinned widely and followed her husband and children. Hopefully the would be in the city by mornings light.
Back to top Go down
https://kalladen.rpg-board.net
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen   Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:47 pm

Leena's Journey

Leena had been called on by her mother shortly before her family was to leave Calinorn. “Leena, my lovely, I need you to take a message to Dame sleet can you do that for me.” She nodded. Leena loved Kalladen. She could swim and play there as much as she wanted and no one yelled at her. She still remembered getting yelled at for swimming in the castle's mote by the nobles that shared the great keep with her parents. It wasn't like she was going to get hurt. Nocs, the serpent who lived there was less of a monster than people said, at least to her. “Yes MaMa, I would love to take it for you. I will leave this night.” Shivanni smiled at her daughter. She was growing up so fast. She would fit in wonderfully in the new lands. Leena swept out of the room in a flurry of silk skirting and shut the door behind her leaving her mother to pack.

Leena arrived at the castle in Kallabakh without problems. On her way in she stopped a small boy who looked like he knew his way around well, that is if he explored as much as she did. “Excuse me, Would you know where I could find Dame Sleet?” The small boy's eyes got really big before he shook his head vigorously and turned from her and ran away. Leena sighed. “Well he way no help at all. Oh well I'll find her myself.” She grinned as she walked down the hall. “Time to explore.”
Back to top Go down
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen   Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:49 pm

Arrival

Leaving the safety of flight alongside his brothers in arms Sir Sebastian, Sir Cyrrus and Sir Kyrrin, the leaders of the Fallen, calmly move through the port city of Westgate to check on their contacts to see if they have heard of some of the rumors of unrest. As they move towards the docks a courtesans in the city's premiere house, Laryn a dark haired beauty bowed low to the reigning monarch. "My King how are you this morning," Laryn gravely asked? "I am fine my Lady, do you have any news for me of the activities in the area?" The courtesan nodded to the cafe for the trio to sit, "The rumors of unrest that have arisen seem to focus on a man named Exuro who is a tax collector in the area of Kallabakh, I am still unsure if the reasons are personal or drivin by one of the kingdoms many enemies, the problem with this is the fact that with all the problems of the last couple of years this time the populus seem to be listening." Shaking his head slowly the King gives a dry chuckle, "Well at least my reign was somewhat calm, cause the next one dosen't seem to be starting off to good for the Druid."

At this point Laryn looks to the three men, all Knights of the Realm, who at some point loved this land where they have fought and died several times, with an unreadable look on her face, "Are the good times over my King?" "No my Lady as much as the people hate us for our racial differences, We do love this land and will protect it...After we have our chance to take our enemies down a notch or two. These fools must learn they we are not weak as some think of us. We have carved this land out of the sea with our own hands and blood. and we do not care what they think because the land is stronger than the pettines of some who come as conqurers and defilers. Remember only this my Lady no mater what we do it is for the strength of the land and it's kingdom." As the king and his two captains rise to leave the courtesan leans forward with a slight grin of relief on her beautiful face, "Oh one other thing, A new Knight and Squire have arrived in the city, surrounded by mystery as they seem to have fled their kingdom of Calinorn." With a low bow and a quick kiss on the cheek, the raven haired beauty disapeared into the crowd.

With a look of inquisitivness on their faces they move towards the docks looking for the new arrivals to find out if the two are on the run or just traveling as some knights are prone to do. As the King and his company move through the crowd, the three recieve looks of all varieties from the populus, joy to hatred to love to dispair. The stoney yet regal bearing of the King looks all in the eyes taking in everything. Suddenly Sir Kyrrin's hand flashes out as a blue glowing dagger flies through the air only to be caught in the Angels grasp. And before anyone can blink an arrow flies from the bow of the Drow Regent's bow flying straight into the window of a near by warehouse where it strikes a man in shadowed robes, who curses and disappears in a cloud of magic. "Damnit these Bastards are getting ballsey," the Angel exclaims. "Well at least I marked him," remarked the Regent Sir Cyrrus. With a rough shake of his head the King exclaimed,"lets just get to the docks and find out if our guests are friends or enemies, this is starting to anger me!" As they take to the sky quickly winging towards the docks, in the distance all three see a large man and his wife talking to one of the teamsters in the area. In a loud voice, Sir Cyrrus exclaimed in delight "Who let that ugly bastard off the ship he arrived on!" Sir Og and Squire Shivanni Macdonald both turned quickly Sir Og's hand flashing to the hilt of the blade at his side. When he sees who is making all the noise in the distance he drops his hand to his side and shakes his head in exasperation, "Sir Cyrrus De Vorshak can you knock some sense into this fool teamster and lead us to the King of this Gods Damned Kingdom. This fool has tried three time to ring money from me for the oh so simple bit of information. With a smile at directed to Sir Sebastian, "I think that can be arranged!"
E~
Back to top Go down
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen   Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:50 pm

Shivanni's Muddled Musings

Shivanni waited patiently by her husband's side as he talked with the knights that they both knew from visits to this land in the past. She couldn't help but have her mind wonder as they drolled on. It was easy for her to become distracted these days. Shivanni wondered if Leena, the water fairy, that had become as close to her as a daughter for the past ten years, had made it to Dame Sleet with the message of their arrival to the Lands of Kalladen. Hopefully she would be able to find her easily once they had become settled.

Og brought her focus back to the conversation at hand when he spoke of finding the King. Sir Sebastian had grinned. "I think that can be arranged!" He said. That grin would be burned in her mind for a long time to come. There was a darkness there. One that she could identify with. Now that she had time to think of it. Something was different here since their last visit. The winds blew the fresh scents of sage and cinnamon from the nearby markets, but the wind was heavier, as if something dark had ridden in with the gusts that crossed the city. She would put it to the back of her mind for now. Og clapped Sebastian on the back and grinned. "Well what are you waiting for?"

"Nothing at all brother. Word has reached mine royal ears that you wished to speak to me," with a grin the Fey King added, "You are always welcome within the borders of Kalladen...as long as you obey it's laws and it's some what chaotic order." With that Sir Sebastian sent an order up to the castle through Sir Kyrrin to Dame Sleet that a meeting of the Knights Circle should be set to introduce a new knight and squire to the realm of Kalladen."
Back to top Go down
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen   Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:52 pm

Og's Troubled Mind

Having arrived late in the night at Kallabakh he was expected at the keep. Both his wife and son have gone missing inside the keep when Og's back was turned and he did not want to cause trouble so he stayed silent as he was shown to their rooms for the night.

Og sitting alone at a desk not his, in a room not his, eating food not his. "What have I been reduced to? Why must I flee when I only wanted only to help Calinorn be great again? So be it! Let their kingdom rot for all I care. But still, their where people I loved and called friend. Phftt RIGHT, they where ready to lynch me for only trying to help and now I am Ronin. I have a family to care for now. I cannot think of only my honor. I have my wealth but it will take most of that to build anew. No this time I work for the betterment of myself and my loved ones. I will be bound to help the king of this Kalladen when he calls but in the mean time I must see to my family. Starting over again... I'm getting to old for this... Where is my family? Hope they have stayed out of trouble. Please gods!!!"

Og starts for the door......
Back to top Go down
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen   Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:54 pm

Only Briefly Wandering the Castle

Shivanni was unsure about roaming the hallways of the Castle in Kallabakh. So She had decided just to go collect her son and go back to her and Og's makeshift quarters. She didn't have to search long for her son, Chavin, like any other growing boy his age, she found him in the dining hall. The had just approached the door way when her Husband Og appeared out of the door to their quarters almost running into her. Stopping as suddenly as she did, Chavin ended up clutching Shivanni's skirting to keep from falling. “Og, you startled me! Where are you stealing away to in the middle of the night?”
Back to top Go down
Sleet Gil-shalos
Admin
Sleet Gil-shalos

Character sheet

PostSubject: Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen   Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:56 pm

A Visit into Kallabakh

It was still fairly early in the morning when Sleet finished her
breakfast and started to prepare for the day. The sun was shining and it
looked as though she would only require a light cloak for her visit into
the city. Walking past the door that led into her garden, she had a
glimpse of movement out of the corner of her eye; turning, she was
startled to see a childlike figure standing by her fountain, playfully
running her fingers through the water droplets.

She quickly recognized the figure. "Leena!" Sleet called
out happily. "What a pleasant surprise to find you here! Are you
alone?" she asked, looking around to see if Leena's family was
with her. Reaching the child, she leaned down and gave her a quick hug.

"Yes, I'm by myself. MaMa sent me to give you a message. I
didn't know quite where to find you, so I've been exploring the
castle. I like it very much!" she grinned impishly.

"I like it, too", Sleet smiled back. Taking Leena by the
hand, the two walked back into Sleet's quarters.

As soon as they were inside, Amyrillis noticed Leena and chirruped
happily as she went to greet the girl. Before the two became totally
engrossed in entertaining one another, Sleet asked, "Leena, I
believe you have a message for me?" Looking away from the fire
lizard, Leena said, "Oh, yes. Here it is". She handed Sleet a
note and immediately wandered back into the garden with Amyrillis
swooping playfully around her. Opening the note, Sleet read:

Greetings Dame Sleet Gil-shalos,

I am very happy to inform you that Sir Og and myself will be
arriving soon to the Castle in Kallabakh. Once there we will introduce
ourselves to the King and his Court \and become citzens of Kalladen with
His Majestey's approval, of course. I have sent my daughter, Leena, with
this message,as she could get to you faster than I. I hope to see you
very soon.

Yours in Service,
Squire Shivanni Nixanna MacDonald

After a moment, Sleet refolded the note and laid it aside. Picking
up the cloak she had selected earlier, she walked to the garden door and
called to Leena. As the girl approached her, Sleet asked, "Leena, my
dear, I was planning on going into the city today. Would you care to
keep me company, and stay here with me until your parents arrive at the
castle?"

Clapping her hands and smiling broadly, Leena said "Oh, yes,
please, let's go into the city!" She skipped to the door and
continued her chatter…"Is there a big marketplace? There are always
such interesting things and people to see there…and lots of
different foods to try…do you have many fountains in Kallabakh? I
love fountains…" Her voice trailed off as she disappeared through
the door and was off down the hall. Finding herself alone in the room,
Sleet picked up her pace and hurried after Leena, trying to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen   Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Og & Shivanni: From Calinorn to Kalladen
Page 1 of 1